CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

17 April 2009

Weight and Fitness Plan

Well, it is now only three more sleeps until the project kicks off. Three more sleeps until Peter goes away for what, at this point in time, seems like forever. He is coming home today for his last night with us here. Then tomorrow, we are all going to the flat in Sydney. We will go out for a nice dinner tomorrow night. Then on Sunday morning Peter is going to take Ninky and Roo to the Star Wars Exhibition at the Power House Museum while I spend a couple of hours reading a book and enjoying my last Sunday morning as not being a single parent. After lunch we will drive back home. The ship is having a massive send off on Monday morning but we decided that it would be best if we didn't go to that. Apart from the fact that I hate teary public farewells, just before sailing is Peter's busiest time so there wouldn't be much point in us being there. No doubt I will have a bit of sniffle with the children in the car on the way home. I know for certain that I will do a silent clock watching countdown to their sailing time whilst I am at work on Monday.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Now, the purpose of today's post (which I had intended to do the day after the first post) is to give a bit more detail on the lard busting and fitness getting part of the project. I thought I should address that first because that kicks off on Monday come hell or high water. I don't officially have my medical fitness status downgraded until I see the lovely Dr H on the 29th of April but I need to start as soon as possible.

I don't see the need to make a big song and dance about this so I will keep it brief. Besides, I will be doing weekly updates over here on the arse shrinking progress. Don't go looking NOW though because it is not set up yet. Of course if NOW is after the date of this post the by all means trot over and have a peak to see how I am going.

The eating part of the issue will be handled via this method here. It seems simple and straightfoward. I simply can NOT start another bloody diet that involves counting anything, weighing anything or going to a meeting. I have dieted in one form or another for the last 25 years and I am sick to death of it. Marilyn's plan looks balanced and completely workable.

The getting off my arse part of the project (technically called exercise) is also fairly straight forward. There will be three parts to it. The first is that four weekday mornings a week (the days that I work) I will do a quick DVD workout in the lounge room. I will gain extra credit for difficulty for this workout because I will no doubt spend most of my time hopping around trying to avoid Roo's lego bits all over the floor! I have heaps of exercise DVDs from all my past good intentions - so there are lots to choose from. I like to exercise in the morning because it gives me more energy for the day. The second part involves following the plan given to me by the Physical Training Instructor at work (hence forth known as L). I have given an undertaking to participate in the programme as he has written it at least three times per week. At this stage that will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The third part of this plan is extra family activity. Riding bikes with the children, taking them for a beach walk or walking the dogs.

I have three main things that I want to achieve through this part of the project;

1. I want to be healthier (and therefore pass my medical);

2. I want to be fitter (and therefore pass my fitness test); and

3. I want to wear nice clothes instead of sacks.

So that, my non existant readership, is what that part of the project is all about.

1 comments:

JAS-- said...

Oh don't be so sure of that nonexistent part. I'm a reader! And I feel both your pain and your determination to lose some poundage. It's even harder when you get to my age. But I am tired of carrying what I need not carry and running out of energy to do it. Soooooooooo--way to go sistah!